My interviewee's name is Chris, a senior student majoring in Biology. He is a vice president of a club, so he is used to talking with strangers, say, the new club members. No doubt he begins his talking with introduction of his club. He usually shakes hands after introduction. What’s interesting is that he doesn’t think “How do you do?” is too formal to be used in everyday life. The greetings he uses most are “Hi”, “How are you?”, “What’s up?” He usually stands up when somebody is introduced to him. However he mentioned that it is not really big deal if you don’t. He would like to strike up a conversation in bus stops when he sees somebody read a book or wear a T-shirt that interests him.
Sometimes if I find something interesting in common with some stranger, I will talk with him. Also if I need help, I will turn to strangers. Last time in the Willard building when I could not find the media center, I asked a girl “Hi! Excuse me? Could you tell me where is the room 26?” It's a really short conversation. But I believe I could make progress via more and more such practice.
I think John did a great performance. Especially, he realized how to lead a interview creatively and frinedly. This is kinda good start for him. Good job, John! :)
回复删除It's very interesting to interview one guy who is responsible for a significant duty that requires both activity and social characteristic. He is extrovert, isn't he? :)
回复删除You chose American as your interviewee! As you know, I did my interview with Indian girl. I found many differences between our interviews probably based on their cultures.
回复删除And, as other guys pointed out, your way to interview is excellent!
John didn't restrict himself in the questions listed in the assignment paper, which let the interview more natural and let john be easier to make friends.
回复删除